Tuesday, February 27, 2007

YOUTH ARTS MINISTRY VISUAL ARTS TROUPE

Inspired by this year’s theme for Youth Councils, one of our YAM Visual Arts Troupe members has written this poem. As you read it, consider John 10:14b……."I know my sheep and my sheep know me.” There are times that we may feel invisible to God because of the challenges that we have to face, but be encouraged, we are known and loved by God. He will take care of us.

INVISIBLE
By Beth Huff


I feel so invisible, so lost in the world around me.
As you pass by without even a glance in my direction.
Too many times I wonder why I continue to go unseen.
Is it me, am I too ugly, too pretty, too short, too tall?
No, perhaps I am too skinny, too fat, too quiet, too loud.
Do I wear the wrong kind of clothes, am I too rich or poor?
What is it about me that disgust you so much?
Is it something I have done, have I offended you in some way?

I feel so invisible, so lost in the world around me.
As I walk down the halls of my church, my school,
I feel completely and utterly alone, as if I were a ghost.
How can you not see the pain, the anger, the fear in me?
Is it that you choose not to see, or are you just blind?
Each day I cry out louder and louder, yet I remain unheard.
Will anyone see, will anyone hear, will anyone choose to care?
How much longer can I last, how much longer can I wait?

I feel so invisible, so lost in the world around me.
As I walk into my house, into my apartment,
I feel transparent, as if I were nothing but a breeze.
Unless of course you had a bad day, then you decide
To take it out on me, barking orders at me.
Not even asking me about my day, or how I am feeling.
Why is it that you don’t see me, unless I accidentally forgot
To bring out the trash, do the dishes, or clean my room?

I feel so invisible, so lost in the world around me.
As I walk into my room I whisper a prayer to God.
Father, where are you, why do you allow me to feel this way?
Why is it that no one cares, why doesn’t anyone love me?
How is it that no one can see the brokenness inside me?
All I want is a shoulder to cry on, arms to hold me.
Someone to share all my joys, all my sorrows, all my burdens.
Someone who loves me just the way I am, is that to much to ask for?




















The Massachusetts Youth Arts Ministry Visual Arts Troupe work hard at creating images that will inspire, heal, and witness through the awesome power of God. Under the leadership of Julie Baker and Kelly Flaherty, the young people have created the above image that our Division will use for this year’s Youth Councils. Congratulations to Beth Huff, LaToya Durham, Samantha Scharn, Amanda Dixon, Amber Anderson, Sophia Vannavilay, and Asha Waterhouse.

1 Comments:

At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has given each and everyone of us special gifts. It fills me with joy to see young people using their gifts, and I know God is up there smiling.Thank you to the youth of TSA for making my walk with God even more enjoyable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home